- Increases pregnancy rates per transfer:
Selecting chromosomally normal embryos can increase the rate of pregnancy after transfer.
- Reduction in miscarriage rate:
In the general population, 25% of all clinical pregnancies end in miscarriage. The risk for miscarriage is reduced if a euploid embryo is transferred.
- Increase in the likelihood of having a healthy baby:
Some pregnancies with aneuploidies can result in babies affected with chromosomal syndromes.
- Reduction in time and necessary resources:
The time and resources necessary to achieve a pregnancy are reduced.
- Reduces risk of multiple pregnancy:
Patient can utilize a single embryo transfer of a euploid embryo rather than transferring multiple untested embryos to reduce the risk of multiple pregnancy.
Why Igenomix PGT-A?
Independent studies have compared our PTG-A vs other labs and the key facts are as follows:
MitoScore is a mitochondrial biomarker developed by Igenomix which gives us an indicator of the energy status of an embryo.
MitoScore allows us to identify embryos with the greatest probabilities for implantation, and a viable pregnancy through IVF/ PGT-A.*
- Most DNA is in chromosomes within the nucleus, but mitochondria have their own DNA. This genetic material is known as mitochondrial DNA or mtDNA.
- mtDNA in an embryo is an index of energetic stress, which can be used to predict its implantation potential.
- Our studies indicate that an increase in the mitochondrial DNA in the embryo is indicative of an insufficient level of energy and a low implantation potential.